World War II and the significance of August 15 as Independence Day
12 minute read
Whereas in Hindu tradition of statecraft or rajdharma wars were fought for dharma and by dharma between kingdoms and states where everyday life of the people of the warring states was guided by their adherence to sanatana dharma, war for the adherents of Abrahamic faiths is about bringing all the world under their One God: overt war, covert war and war by other means is mandated for the faithful to transform the world into the Kingdom of God on Earth and Dar ul-Islam.
Sanatana Dharma or Hinduism disapproved of war for conquest of territory, plunder, loot and destruction of the victim nation or enslaving conquered peoples; Hindu dharmic tradition of statecraft termed kings waging wars driven by greed and other base motives as Lobhavijayi and Asuravijayi. Kings who waged war as last resort to re-establish dharma were termed Dharmavijayi.
Islamic conquest of Hindu bhumi, the invasion, occupation, political and economic slavery of India by European colonialists, ongoing jihad in different parts of the country and continuing aggression by the Church to convert Hindus and tribal communities, prove that Hindus have always been ill-equipped when confronted by Islam and the evangelising church because Hindus failed a thousand years ago and fail even now to understand theoretically, ideationally and doctrinally the political objectives that lie at the core of the Abrahamic religions.
The mandate to conquer and convert is the fundamental tenet which drives Islam and Christianity to conquer nations not their own, to enslave and ultimately to occupy and hold by force territories and nations of non-Abrahamic peoples. This is the history of Islam and the Church not just in India but across countries and across continents – first Rome and then progressively across Europe, America, Asia and Africa. The conquering Church used force, slavery, colonialism and military might as its most effective weapons of war.
“After the demise of the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him), the Muslims were compelled by circumstances to fight a simultaneous war against the Romans and Persians. Under the rising sun of Islam, the Persian Empire disappeared from the map of the world by 680 AD. By about that time, the Muslims had conquered Syria, Egypt, Anatolia, Cyranica, Tripolatania, and Armenia from the Romans as well.” (Page 15, “Historical Perspective”, The Quranic Concept of War by Pakistani serving army officer Brigadier S.K Malik, 1979)
The Church and Islam both believe that the last war or Armageddon will be an intra-Abrahamic affair and will be fought between them; both faiths since their birth continue their race towards increasing their numbers and strengthening their respective armies in preparation for the final showdown. Religious conversion and conquest of nations and their resources undertaken by force or under duress or through inducement is geared towards this objective.
Populous Asia, because it has resolutely refused to be wholly Islamised or Christianized, poses the biggest challenge to both Islam and the Generic Church; and India and China pose the biggest challenge in Asia to the two Abrahamic religions’ expansionist, world conquering intent. The core of the Christian war doctrine, like the Islamic war doctrine, remains unchanged; only the Christian war strategy is periodically revised. After the supposed end of the Crusades, slavery and colonialism (the Imperialist Church’s immensely successful weapons deployed against non-Christians for two millennia), the Generic Church in the middle of the twentieth century was compelled to revise its war strategy and invent new weapons of war.
The invasion and occupation of The Philippines, first by Spain and then by America, division of Korea and Vietnam in the immediate aftermath of the Second World War, ostensibly between the Capitalist Generic Church and its twentieth century powerful anti-Christ, Communist Soviet Union and Maoist China, determined (as we shall see) the agenda of the Second Vatican Council and inspired the conciliar war doctrines. Democracy and its political systems and institutions would become the new “liberal-Christian” weapons to achieve the goals that the Generic Church had set for itself to control and rule the world. However, these new weapons of war would only be in addition to conventional warfare which would remain the Generic Church’s most trusted and effective tool for conquest and its weapon-of-last-resort. Hybrid war is the latest weapon in the arsenal to fight the large battles to conquer, enslave and annihilate the enemy, preceding Armageddon.
Hindu nationalist political ideology must grapple with the critical role played by religious demography if this timeless civilization must continue to remain dharma bhumi; and the commitment to protect the Hindu nation must be the crucible on which to test Indian nationalism. The Indian nation was partitioned by the retreating British colonial government using religious demography as excuse and instrument. Not just India but Korea, Indonesia and Vietnam too were partitioned.
Needless to say, when the nation’s religious demographic profile is altered radically with a view to eroding and then obliterating the loyalty of the populace to traditional understanding of nation and nationhood, then the territory of the nation is threatened too, because religious demography decides the basis of nationhood; and when the Abrahamic faiths become the dominant populace within a non-Abrahamic nation, the result is always separatism culminating in secession.
How World War II spilled over into Asia
There was more to the intra-Christian, intra-Europe Second World War than Hitler, Nazism and Fascism; in Asia the war spilled over as interplay between European colonialists, China, Imperial Japan, capitalist Generic Church and communist Soviet Union. The sun which set over the British Empire now rose over America and the New Empire jumped into the Asian theatre of the Second World War. Little remembered and much less discussed is the fact that the allies of Second World War – America, Britain, Soviet Union and China turned as one against Japan and the nations of Asia a good three months after the defeat of Nazi Germany. The Second World War was as much about fragmenting Asia as it was about ending Nazism.
The convergence of different arms of the Generic Church, including capitalist America and communist Soviet Union, to fragment Asian nations yielded spectacular results in Korea, which remains divided till date, for a brief period in Vietnam, and irreversibly in India; Sri Lanka, suffering the consequences of unchecked missionary machinations during the colonial era is perilously close to partition. Asia was not only the most populous of all continents, but was also the most fertile agriculturally and most well-endowed with natural resources.
Asia promised a rich harvest of souls for the Cross, was a treasury of natural resources for plunder and a burgeoning market for goods from Europe and America. Asia had to be fragmented and Asia’s non-Christian nations and nationalities subverted or neutralised and eventually controlled. The Second World War, as unforeseen consequence, ended colonialism; and the Generic Church’s absolute control of world politics and world economy suffered a temporary setback.
The Imperial Japanese Navy attacked America’s naval base at Pearl Harbour, Hawaii in a surprise move on the morning of December 7, 1941. Imperial Japan attacked the American naval base to pre-empt the US Pacific Fleet from interfering with Japan’s determined effort to drive out America, The Netherlands and Britain from their overseas territories in South East Asia and to strengthen Imperial Japan’s supremacy in the region.
The entire white Christian world united against Japan and on 26th July 1945, America issued the Potsdam Declaration which demanded that Imperial Japan surrender to the Allies, failing which the Allied Powers would inflict immediate and total destruction on Japan. The outrageous resolution placed the most humiliating conditions upon the Japanese nation and concluded with the threat, “We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction.”
Similar threats of “prompt and utter destruction” were issued and executed by America against Iraq and Afghanistan in the last decade of the twentieth century.
Making good the threat to wreak utter destruction, the United States deployed two nuclear weapons against the people of Japan. On 6th August, 1945, American airplanes dropped Little Boy on the city of Hiroshima and followed it by dropping Fat Man on the city of Nagasaki on 9th August. In the immediate aftermath of America’s nuclear attack against Japan and within the first three months, nearly 300,000 ordinary, innocent Japanese men, women and children were killed; they died of burn injuries, radiation sickness and other radiation-related illnesses while at least half the numbers of Japanese people died on the very day of the explosions, killed by flash and flame burns and falling debris; this was the Religion of Love in action against a non-Christian country in a non-Christian continent. The Generic Church taught Japan and the rest of the non-Christian world a salutary lesson – reducing nations to colonies and slavery is a Christian prerogative and non-Christian peoples should not aspire to become world or even regional powers – economic, political or military.
Between Little Boy and Fat Man, in a move intended to keep Japan already reeling under the impact of the world’s first atomic bomb in a continuing state of shock and despair, Stalin’s Soviet Union invaded and occupied North Korea as agreed upon by the US and Soviet Union at the Yalta Conference.
After Emperor Hirohito announced Japan’s surrender on August 15, 1945, in a recorded radio message Gyokuon-hoso (Jewel Voice Broadcast), the Generic Church bared its fangs, throttled fledgling republics in Asia and pro-democracy movements, and used Japan’s retreat to return Indonesia, Korea and Vietnam back to European colonial rule: Indonesia to Britain, Netherlands and Portugal; Vietnam to France, while America and the Soviet Union divided Korea between them. Imperial Britain, the United States, United Nations and the Vatican, the most powerful components of the Generic Church, actively oversaw the permanent partition of almost every Asian country colonised by Europe – Indonesia, Korea, Vietnam and India.
Just how de-hinduised or worse, how powerless was the leadership of the INC in 1947 is best proved by the meek acceptance by Gandhi, Nehru, Patel, Rajagopalachari and other stalwarts of the Indian National Congress of August 15 as India’s independence day. Imperial Britain sent Mountbatten as last Viceroy to oversee Britain’s departure from India while simultaneously vivisecting the Hindu Nation. Mountbatten who played an important role in the Second World War commemorated Japan’s surrender to the Allies on August 15, 1945 by imposing this date upon India. August 15, 1948 would also be the day that South Korea would be declared an independent democratic republic
For India, the choice of August 15 as Independence Day had nothing to do with the history of our freedom struggle and had no cultural, religious or historical significance. The Generic Church will forever gloat that India’s Independence Day would be inextricably linked with the date that the Generic Church destroyed Japan, humbled the Japanese Monarch and humiliated the magnificent non-Abrahamic Japanese civilization. Humiliating the Japanese Emperor was a major victory in a war preceding Armageddon; as was the forceful removal of Tilak, Aurobindo, Savarkar and Subhas Chandra Bose from the political battlefield in India prior to August 15, 1947.
The Hindu nation is shrinking even seventy-two years after vivisection in 1947 and this is because the emblematic Jinnah-Gandhi duo best represent the continuing threat to the Hindu nation and the Hindu incapacity to deal with the threat.
The text of the Potsdam Declaration should serve as warning to every Hindu who either fails to see the threat or refuses to act.
The Potsdam Declaration
Proclamation Defining Terms for Japanese Surrender
Issued, at Potsdam, July 26, 1945
– We-the President of the United States, the President of the National Government of the Republic of China, and the Prime Minister of Great Britain, representing the hundreds of millions of our countrymen, have conferred and agree that Japan shall be given an opportunity to end this war.
– The prodigious land, sea and air forces of the United States, the British Empire and of China, many times reinforced by their armies and air fleets from the west, are poised to strike the final blows upon Japan. This military power is sustained and inspired by the determination of all the Allied Nations to prosecute the war against Japan until she ceases to resist.
– The result of the futile and senseless German resistance to the might of the aroused free peoples of the world stands forth in awful clarity as an example to the people of Japan. The might that now converges on Japan is immeasurably greater than that which, when applied to the resisting Nazis, necessarily laid waste to the lands, the industry and the method of life of the whole German people. The full application of our military power, backed by our resolve, will mean the inevitable and complete destruction of the Japanese armed forces and just as inevitably the utter devastation of the Japanese homeland.
– The time has come for Japan to decide whether she will continue to be controlled by those self-willed militaristic advisers whose unintelligent calculations have brought the Empire of Japan to the threshold of annihilation, or whether she will follow the path of reason.
Following are our terms. We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay.
– There must be eliminated for all time the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest, for we insist that a new order of peace, security and justice will be impossible until irresponsible militarism is driven from the world.
– Until such a new order is established and until there is convincing proof that Japan’s war-making power is destroyed, points in Japanese territory to be designated by the Allies shall be occupied to secure the achievement of the basic objectives we are here setting forth.
– The terms of the Cairo Declaration shall be carried out and Japanese sovereignty shall be limited to the islands of Honshu, Hokkaido, Kyushu, Shikoku and such minor islands as we determine.
– The Japanese military forces, after being completely disarmed, shall be permitted to return to their homes with the opportunity to lead peaceful and productive lives.
– We do not intend that the Japanese shall be enslaved as a race or destroyed as a nation, but stern justice shall be meted out to all war criminals, including those who have visited cruelties upon our prisoners. The Japanese Government shall remove all obstacles to the revival and strengthening of democratic tendencies among the Japanese people. Freedom of speech, of religion, and of thought, as well as respect for the fundamental human rights shall be established.
– Japan shall be permitted to maintain such industries as will sustain her economy and permit the exaction of just reparations in kind, but not those which would enable her to re-arm for war. To this end, access to, as distinguished from control of, raw materials shall be permitted. Eventual Japanese participation in world trade relations shall be permitted.
– The occupying forces of the Allies shall be withdrawn from Japan as soon as these objectives have been accomplished and there has been established in accordance with the freely expressed will of the Japanese people a peacefully inclined and responsible government.
– We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction. (The Ministry of Foreign Affairs “Nihon Gaiko Nenpyo Narabini Shuyo Bunsho: 1840-1945”, Vol. 2, 1966)
(Excerpts from an unpublished monograph by the author; segments of this monograph are presented in different chapters in the author’s book, The Shrinking Hindu Nation, Voice of India 2019)